How to install a Drupal Cloud Tag Block First, in case you've stumbled on this by mistake (you were looking for Blocks of Drupal "Cloud" cheese with price tags?)...
- Drupal is a "content management system" - a fancy way of saying software that takes your text/photos and makes them pretty... automatically!
- Tag is an associated "label" - kind of like you might call a sandwich a "cheese sandwich", or "lunch", or a "snack". It's a neat free form way to categorize your thoughts without much effort (oh the wonders of Computers).
The tagadelic module for Drupal creates a weighted "cloud" of the tags you have on your content nodes.
If you create a "block" on your pages it is MUCH easier for you and any readers (if you have them?) to navigate...
- Download the module http://drupal.org/project/tagadelic
- Extract the tar.gz (izarc2go and 7zip) into a folder Upload the folder to /drupal-root/sites/all/modules (using FTP or preferrably SFTP)
- Administer -> Site building -> Modules -> List (It appears under Taxonomy ... Tagadelic, fill in the checkbox to Enable the module.
- Administer -> Site building -> Blocks -> List Blocks
- Tagadelic has already created the following Block parts for you: Tags in Blog Tags
- Use the dropdown to put the tag in the "Right sidebar"
- Then drag and drop it to determine it's order (ie below the search box)
- Finally click on "configure" next to it to select: customize the "title" above the cloud tag (e.g. Tag Cloud) what pages the block will appear.
Note: Tags for the current post is an easy way to show "related content"
These tags also may help your SEO but be careful to not overdo it! I personally like adding the other Block, "Tags for this post" as well because
As per my very smart's wife very smart suggestion - an image...